There's nothing much cooler than this RMS Supercharged BMW M Coupe. Our client, Mr. Tom Koger of San Diego California, brought this BMW Jewel in for the full RMS treatment. To many the Z3 M Coupe is quickly joining the Holy Grail of BMW models like the E30 M3, 2002 tii and others.
Tom first brought his M Coupe in for a tune up and a software update. Once we dialed it in, this project quickly took on a life of it's own. Next was the Forbes chassis reinforcement upgrade. I think Tom knew where this project was going before we did. Once that was done, Tom asked what it would take to go all the way on this M Coupe. Osh and Tom started to brain storm. The result is a mean Z3 M Coupe that has the power to blow the doors off any $80k sports car on any occasion.
The main components of this build are RMS Low Compression Engine, 6 Speed transmission conversion, RMS Stage 3 Supercharger and more. With 16psi at red line, this coupe makes a whopping 465 horsepower to the wheels on our in-house dyno. This translates to 510 horsepower at the crank.
The engine is fitted with Forged Low Compression pistons made custom for RMS by Ross Racing Pistons and a set of Chrome-Moly connecting rods by Pauter Machine Co. The exhaust system consists of a set of RMS SuperSport headers mated to a custom dual 2.5" stainless steel exhaust system fabricated by RMS. To aid in temperature control we fitted an Aquamist HFS3 methanol injection system complete with RMS custom made stainless steel methanol tank.
To put the power to the wheels this coupe received an RMS ceramic 6 puck clutch disk and a solid steel flywheel. All of this goes through a "Euro E36" 6 speed transmission.
The coupe's exterior received the RMS color package. First the roof was wrapped in a silver carbon vinyl. Atop that are the "RMS green and blue" stripes which run the length of the roof. Race Marque rocker decals were applied to the side skirts. The engine was fitted with carbon fiber coil and injector covers. The carbon coil cover also received the "RMS green and blue" stripes with silver carbon vinyl.
Photography by Jens Lucking http://automotivephotographer.us/
Full modification list:
- Forged Low Compression S52 pistons custom made for RMS by Ross Racing Pistons
- Forged 4340 Chrome-Moly Connecting Rods by Pauter Machine Co.
- RMS Stage 3 Supercharger System with Polished Vortech V2-Ti Supercharger
- Schrick 276/270 Camshafts
- RMS SuperSport Headers
- Custom Dual 2.5" Stainless Steel Exhaust System made by RMS
- Aquamist HFS3 Methanol Injection Kit
- Custom Stainless Steel Methanol Tank made by RMS
- RMS Oil Catch Can
- 6 Speed "Euro E36" Transmission
- RMS Short Shift kit for 6 Speed M Coupe
- Forbes M Coupe Rear Chassis Reinforcement Kit installed by RMS
- Race-logic Traction Control System installed by RMS